I don’t know what it is about decorating a house, but it seems that no matter what house my husband and I have lived in the master bedroom always seems to be the last room in the house to be decorated. Meaning we’ve never had a decorated master bedroom or even a true dresser. We always put our children’s rooms or the main areas of the house first. But in this house I made a vowel to myself, this would be the home I would actually decorate a master bedroom. So I gave myself a one year time, no if’s, ands’ or but’s about it.
With our one year home anniversary right around the corner (August 14th to be exact). I found myself freakin out about my deadline. How in the world was I ever going to have our bedroom decorated in less than a month?! I’ve spent the last year painting, ripping out carpet and tile, laying vinyl plank flooring throughout the house, and designing the entryway, living room, toy room, and the kids bed.
So like any ‘wanna be’ designer, I went straight to my holy grail of ideas, Pinterest. Three hours later and my mind was swirling with ideas! I’m sure plenty of have experienced the overwhelming sensation of Pinterest overload. (right?). But narrowing down the ideas was a struggle, whenever I’ve decorated in the past I usually had a clear idea of what I wanted the room to look like right away or I winged it! But with my personal deadline rapidly approaching I didn’t think winging it would be a good idea. That’s when the light bulb went off in my head flashing DESIGN BOARD!Now I’ve only made one other design board and that was for my daughters room. The process was easy enough, but to be honest I don’t think I really referred or thought the design board out well enough. So when I sat down to design a board for my room I took my time! Changing little things out like wall color, lights, rugs, etc. Creating a master bedroom retreat that both my husband and I could love!
Here are the links and additional information for all the pieces I have shown on my mood board. I’ve even included some additional information that’s shown in the picture above!
- Paint – The walls AND the ceiling are both being painted “White Dove” by Benjamin Moore. But the walls are being painted an eggshell finish while the ceiling is a matte.
- Light Fixture – Ceiling fans are tricky, most of the ceiling fans you seen in large box stores like Lowes or Home Depot, aren’t my style. But I’m someone that absolutely has to sleep with a ceiling fan. So after countless hours scouting the internet I discovered the Hepburn Ceiling Fan from The Hunter Fan Company. This large ceiling is the perfect size for my master bedroom and it fits the style of my home!
- Lamps – For the lamps in my bedroom, yet again I found myself wanting something sleek and modern. And when I came across these Glass Globe Sconces from World Market I knew the would be the perfect fit. Currently these lamps are sold out online but I was able to find them in my local store.
- Bedding – I know for some of you white bedding might seem a little boring or others of you might think MORE WHITE? Yes! In addition to having the walls in my room painted white I’m also going with white fluffy bedding. To me there’s nothing more inviting then bed full of white fluffy pillows, sheets, and blankets calling my name. lol
- Curtains – I love Anthropologie for almost anything and everything, so when I came across these white embodied curtains on sale I knew they had to be mine! I order my set last Thursday so I’m hoping they’ll be in this week so I can show them to you in Instastories as I open them. Since we are talking about curtains I wanted to mention my curtain rod. I have a plain silver rod from Home Depot, nothing special, that I’m planning on spray painting my favorite shade of gold, Rustoleum’s Pure Gold, so it can match the rest of the fixtures in my room.
- Rug – Y’all I have seen this beautiful rug pictured above all over Instagram in every style of home imaginable! And I just know its going to be the perfect fit in my bedroom!
In addition to all the shopping I’ve been doing for my bedroom I also have a several DIY’s in the works including an Ikea Billy Hack (I know, I know another Ikea hack, but I’m sorted addicted to Ikea), Chevron Wall, and a Picture Ledge or two! I can’t wait to get started!
Shop the Post: